radio.02 (cross the wounded galaxies)
An hour long opensource audio compilation/mix for the masses. I always liked getting mix tapes or stumbling upon some unmarked mystery tape and hearing songs i've never heard before. This is an attempt to reproduce that experience with artists from the opensource audio archive.
01. Pete Bradwell (science) - Black Dahlia [1:54]
02. Seth Gordon - Three Children's Songs (for John Fahey) [7:08]
03. The Blacksmith Scene - Enter A Heart [1:51]
04. Heavyconfetti - Scifly [5:30]
05. UnKindness Of Ravens - Keyhole Deity [4:20]
06. Antigen - Dns69 [2:02]
07. Luca Boriani - Voci di Tiwanaku [2:53]
08. Giona Vinti (hyena) - I Love My Korg [5:48]
09. Ochlo - (11) * [3:59]
10. Tamarin - Badtek [5:04]
11. Aneef and Iversen - Ema [4:01]
12. Fancy Lady - Layerd Like A Bati [1:22]
13. Pulsewidth - Machines In The Grass [5:31]
14. Chiu Longina - Codec4 [1:42]
15. Plantatota - Little Electronical (excerpt) [2:05]
16. One Lonely Guy - Flight Of The Candaleer 9 (One Parsec Too Far) [4:41]
all tracks available at http://www.archive.org
compiled in 2005
stream.burn.listen.pass it on.
All tracks were taken from the opensource audio collection and have a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike License. http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.0/
Sources were mostly from lossy compressed formats, so the files were saved as lossless flac to avoid any odd compression artifacts that could arise.
Relevent web addresses are in the original file comments for each song where I could find them, as well as which album I got them from (where appropriate).
I use and recommend http://www.foobar2000.org/ for playback.
- 2005-06-22 14:33:14
- Run time
- Taped by
Subject: weird etherial tones and synths
Subject: Not bad...
Oh, and I'll just keep listening to it on xmms, thanks. ;)
Viva Open Source!
Subject: Not My Cup of Tea
In the future I'll learn to use the streaming audio to preview before downloading.
Uploaded by mr. superbad on